Notices‎ > ‎


posted 22 Jul 2020, 02:42 by Vivienne Hayes

The response to my earlier email about next season showed that there is still significant doubt that the dancing we know and enjoy will be possible in safety for a good time yet to come; whilst one or two respondents were in favour of a “wait and see” approach, the overwhelming majority felt that it would be unsafe to resume dancing until we knew there was a tried and tested prevention or cure for the virus and this is thought to be a good way off.  Thus, the 2020/2021 season will not go ahead – it is cancelled in its entirety.


Looking to the future on a more positive note, if there are significant signs of an improved situation, I for one will be seeking ways to restart dancing on an ad-hoc basis and I will solicit support for this if and when it happens.


Looking farther ahead though, I am provisionally booking Samlesbury Memorial Hall to restart our sessions on second Sundays from Sunday 10 October 2021; I hope and pray this will be possible!


Until then, stay safe and keep well.


Bill Barcroft